My old friend Denise (old, as in since I was eleven) sent me this as an email chain. And then I saw it at Dawn's as a meme. So, I htink I'll give it a go.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:40 exactly.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Not much of either. I love my pear-shaped diamond engagment ring and my grandmother's pearls. But they are all about the heart and not about the bling.
3. What was the last film you saw at the theater? Shalll I date myself and reveal how much I dislike movie theaters? In the past sixteen years, I have seen Beauty and the Beast, The Prince of Egypt and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. That's all. Really.
4. What is your favorite TV show? The West Wing
5. What did you have for breakfast? Tea and an egg.
6. What is your middle name? Ann
7. What is your favorite cuisine? To cook: Italian, especially homemade pesto and perfect fresh mozarella, tomato and basil salad.
Eating out: Thai.
8. What foods do you dislike? Liver
9. What are your favorite chips? Chocolate ones, preferably Ghirardelli.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Steven Curtis Chapman All About Love and Faith Hill Fireflies (sings SUMMER to me--great for cleaning binges).
11. What kind of car do you drive? A giant Ford 250 extended conversion van that seats nine and gives me anxiety every time I have to park.
12. Favorite sandwich? I can't eat bread, so that pretty much eliminates sandwiches, but the above fresh mozarella and tomato salad works for me!
13. What are characteristics you can't stand? Arrogance that prevents people from really listening and seeking to understand. Also, loudness. Believe it or not, I like things quiet (even with nine kids here all day).
14. What are your favorite clothes? True confessions: my favorite clothes in the whole world are well broken-in, super soft jeans and a reverse-weave hoodie. Not terribly feminine or modest or anything, but you didn't ask that. If I have to actually be seen in said clothing, I love a knit skirt, low heeled boots and a cashmere sweater.
15. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go? Rome. I'd like to go with Mike (we never got that honeymoon). but I'd also love to go with Michael because he's the guide to art and architecture. Closer to home, I want a month at a lakeside cabin in Maine or a seaside cottage on the outer Outer Banks.
16. One random fact about myself: I clean when I'm stressed.
17. Where would you want to retire? On a small farm where my grandchildren will come frequently to visit.
18. Favorite time of day? Morning. I love quiet. I love dawn. And I love that Nicholas wakes up first and needs me to snuggle and talk and ease into the day.
19. Where were you born? Quonset Point, Rhode Island
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Anything being played by my children.
21. Coke or Pepsi? Neither. Yuck.
22. Beavers or ducks? Ducks.
23. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I have always been a morning person; I took 8:00 classes all through college by choice.
24. Pedicure or manicure? Pedicure. A manicure lasts about three hours and then it's messed up.
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A mother and a writer. :)
26. What is your best childhood memory? Playing Little House in the woods in Chesapeake behind the Wheatons house. Playing Barbies for hours on end at Denise's house.
27. Ever been to Africa? No, but Denise brought Africa home to her when she adopted Melvin.
28. Ever been toilet papering? Yes, with someone who grew up to bring Africa home to her;-)
29. Been in a car accident? Yes.
30. Favorite day of the week? The Sundays when Mike is home.
31. Favorite restaurant? You mean there are choices in restaurants and I could have a preference? I don't know; I haven't had the occasion to think about it recently:-)
32. Favorite flower? Virginia bluebells (see the blog banner to understand why).
33. Favorite ice-cream? Starbucks Espresso Chip.
34. Favorite fast food restaurant? The Pho restaurant down the street.
35. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Once.
36. From whom did you get your last e-mail? 4Real Forums
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Pottery Barn and the Container Store. I would be clean and matching and organized.
38. Last person you went to dinner with? My husband and kids after the soccer tournament in Richmond last weekend.
39. What are you listening to right now? Hey, Julie! and Sweet Caroline. After Karoline was born, Michael made a playlist and Hey, Julie came right after Sweet Caroline (to which he made linked slideshow). Whenever she got fussy, he or Christian would pick her up and dance to that playlist. Now, whenever she's cranky, Hey, Julie quiets her. With Nicholas, it was Mozart; with Karoline, it's Fountains of Wayne. I wonder sometimes what teenage brothers are doing to her brain.
40. What is your favorite color? Pink.
41. How many tattoos do you have? Ten. Really. Got your attention didn't I?
Before I was radiated to treat Hodgkin's Disease, the doctor gave me ten different reference point tattoos with which to poistion the lead shields. Ten. Elizabeth Foss has ten tattoos. (They're pretty tiny dots that look a little like freckles;-)
42. How many people are you sending this to? I'll never know because I never check my stats!
43. What time did you finish this blog entry? Lunchtime. And yes, Molly, I just got majorly diverted from the task at hand.
44. Favorite magazine: I gave up magazines in favor blogs.
45. Coffee or tea? Tea, and lots of it.
46. Do you tan easily or burn easily? Tan.
47. Do you color your hair? Nope.
48. What was the first car you ever purchased without the help of your parents? An absolute lemon of a Renault Encore.
49. What is your most dreaded household chore? Cleaning AROUND the toilet. Yuck! (moms of boys get it;)