Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I'm a total food snob. I'd rather not eat than eat fast food, fried food, or fake food. I've been this way for as long as I can remember. I also don't drink soda. I can, however, be persuaded to indulge in an occasional coffee frappucino with a scoop of expresso chips.
2. I am surrounded by and related to extraordinarily gifted visual artists. My husband is a television producer/director. My son is a great photographer and he's pretty good with a pencil, too. One of my aunts is a watercolor artist and the most incredible interior designer ever. The other aunt collects fine art and endows collections at museums. She's pretty good with a paintbrush herself. My grandfather painted beautifully. I am determined to tap into what must be a latent visual gene somewhere in my being...
3. I have an ongoing, constant conversation with St. Therese. All day. Every day. And I frequently mention to her that I'd really love to have another baby;-).
4. I only have one sibling. I never went to Catholic schools. I had no idea whatsover what I was doing when I signed up for a big family and endeavored to provide a Catholic education for them at home. But I have always, always known I wanted a lot of children and I wanted to teach. Isn't the Holy Spirit BIG?
5. I knew I wanted to marry Mike Foss when I was fourteen years old. Yep. And I never changed my mind. And there are several people reading who can vouch for that.
6. I was the world's moodiest teenager. (There are several people who can vouch for that, too). People thought I was sad. My grandfather called it "pensive." He was a wise one.
7. I don't like noise. I live in house with five boys, three girls, a very big labradoodle, and a husband who is still a kid. I say "shhh" a lot.
8. I pray every day for the people who will become my children's husbands and wives. Helen mentioned that you could say three Hail Mary's for that intention. Three Hail Marys times eight children just happens to be a St. Therese chaplet!