This is Really Important

Elizpraybutton Elizabeth DeHority will have surgery Tuesday, May 12th. It's very extensive, very serious surgery. I clicked around the blogosphere on Sunday and was astounded by the number of blogs bearing the prayer button. If she has ever needed you, it's now. Please offer prayers for her, for her family, and for her medical team. Please assure her you will carry her in prayer throughout the next few weeks. Leave a comment below to contribute to a virtual spiritual bouquet. I'll bump this post up to the front page every day from now until Tuesday. And then I'll keep you posted on the miracles. There will be miracles.

ADDITIONS: Kelly wrote to tell me about Beth, a homeschool mom of four boys who will undergo a double mastectomy and ooectomy on May 8.

And keep Rachael Higginbothom in your prayers, too.

Comments

Elizabeth, I’m lighting a candle and will keep it lit until you are out of Surgery. I believe there will be miracles! Praying for your whole family. Nancy

2. Marla Lynch says

Dear Elizabeth,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I think you are being very brave.
    God bless,
    Marla

3. Elizabeth Kay says

Elizabeth, you and your family will be in my prayers this week. I pray for God to give all of you the awareness of His Love and His Presence.

4. Jeannine says

We will be offering a rosary for you, Elizabeth, on May 12th. We will also light a candle for you at our parish on the previous day so it will be burning brightly all day on the 12th.
    Grace and peace…
    Jeannine
    So glad I stopped by. Thank you, Elizabeth F., for putting this together. You are a marvel.

our family will offer our rosaries for elizabeth this month for her intentions, for a miracle and for the grace to accept God’s will, whatever it may be. and i will offer all of my little motherly inconveniences and sacrifices for her intentions as well.

I have been awed by your strength and grace under such trials–and we will be praying for you as you approach this hurdle.

I have been praying for Elizabeth for weeks. I will hold her close to my heart this week and try to offer up my VERY SMALL frustrations during the days for her and those caring for her. I invite the Blessed Mother to her side-as I’m sure many have.

praying for oceans of grace, whatever the outcome.
    I’m also very grateful, because I now have something wonderful to ‘offer up’ my wretching and nausia for! (just edging out of the 1st trimester but it isn’t letting up yet and it’s putting a bit of a dampner on homeschooling my five wonderful children every day)
    Elizabeth F – thank you for setting this up.

“May God, the source of hope, fill you with all joy and peace by means of your faith in him, so that your hope will continue to grow by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
    God Bless You, Elizabeth!

10. Linda Maggioncalda says

Dear Elizabeth,
    I will include you in my prayers. May God fill you with His grace.

11. Kim says

At our house, we believe children’s prayers are kept close to His heart. We have 9 little people storming heaven for you! I’ve been reading your blog for a while and admire your courage. May God, in His mercy,pour out blessings upon you and your family.

Dear Elizabeth,
    You will be held close in prayer by our family, esp. during our nightly Rosary. I will light a candle for you on Tuesday before my icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. May she comfort you during this hard time.

13. MarieA says

Dear Elizabeth,
    You, your family and medical team are in my daily prayers.
    A PRAYER TO OUR LADY FOR HEALING
    Mary Immaculate, you have given
    yourself to us as our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. You have asked us to pray with confidence, and we will receive great graces. We know your compassion, because you saw your Son suffer and die
    for us. In your union with His suffering you became the mother of us all.
    Mary, my mother, teach me to understand my suffering as you do and to endure it in union with the suffering of Jesus. In
    your motherly love, calm my fears and increase my trust in God’s loving care.
    According to God’s plan, obtain for me the healing I need. Intercede with your Son
    that I may have the strength I need to work for God’s glory and the salvation of the world.
    Amen
    Mary,health of the sick, pray for us.
    May God grant us healing and all the graces we need through the intercession of our Lady of the Miraculous Medal.

My prayers are with you Elizabeth. I live in your city but we do not know eahc other. I would gladly drop off a home-cooked meal or something to help your family out these next few weeks.I just don’t know who to contact. Please forward this on to Elizabeth’s family. God bless you.

15. Jen says

Prayers for a successful surgery, and complete healing. May God be with you, your loved ones, and your Doctors.

I will join my heartfelt prayers with all the others and continue in prayer until all is well. We have such a loving Father – all will be well.

I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers, Elizabeth.
    And Elizabeth F. ~ thank you so much for the loving reminder post.

18. Susie says

I will keep you, your family, and the doctors and nurses taking care of you in my prayers, Elizabeth.

prayers, Elizabeth … that God’s hand guides the doctors’ hands and that you are sheltered in the warmth of Mary’s mantle!

20. Kathy says

We have been praying for You every time we go to adoration Elizabeth.The children and I will be praying on Tuesday.

Elizabeth–We have been and will continue to pray for you. Our son Gabriel makes his FHC Saturday and our entire family will you make your healing our Mass intention for that day.

22. Shirley says

You are in our family’s prayers. May you and your family experience God’s peace throughout this time. God Bless!

We will pray for Elizabeth’s intentions, her family and for her doctors and medical team in our daily family rosary and my weekly hour in Adoration. May God bless you and strengthen you! Yes, there will be miracles. Thank you Elizabeth Foss for hosting this.

Dear Elizabeth;
    Our prayers will be with you and your family. Even though we don’t know each other, we are sisters in His precious body and blood. Whatever little sacrifice and mortification comes our way, we will offer it for you. A prayer of peace , comfort and strength as you unite your sufferings to our Lord’s in the co- redemptiom of souls. Not an ounce of our sufferings is meaningless When we unite it to His, He transforms it into Hid abundant love and mercy for the salvation of souls. So thank you for your gift to us thru your walk with our Lord.
    God bless you always,
    christine

May Mary our Mother hold you, Elizabeth, and may you feel the peace she must have felt, even through her fear and sorrow, as she stood at the foot of the Cross.
    I’ll remember you in my rosaries and daily prayers and I’ll offer my daily struggles and suffering for you in the next weeks.

Fervent prayers for Elizabeth coming for sure – offering up our family’s suffering from my mother’s battle (age 68) with lobular carcinoma also.

27. Alison says

Dearest Elizabeth, My family and I will be saying our daily rosary for you throughout this month and I will offer my own personal prayers and sacrifices for you and your family. God is very close to you and will see you through this.

28. Betty says

Storming Heaven on your behalf, dear Elizabeth. Praying that you will experience PEACE through it all.

29. kimberly says

My children and i will pray for you, and i am contacting my ace in the hole prayer warrior Fr. Matthew, and 87 year old Monk at St. Gregorys’monastery…Those monks really know how to pray.

30. Kerri says

I have been praying for you for weeks, Elizabeth, and I will continue to do so. I will also keep the other ladies in my prayers as well.

Our family will offer it’s daily rosary for Elizabeth for the remainder of the month of May. We have been praying for her and her family since the beginning. May God be gloified and praised in all things!

Every night my 4 little ones(5,3,3,23mo) pray for all the people with cancer (my mom has breast cancer too, she just started radiation). Their prayers are better than mine, but I’ll keep praying too!

33. Mike Foss says

Elizabeth,
    You are an inspiration to this community. Know that the prayers of so many are with you and your family. Our family will remain united with yours in prayer.

I will offer my attendance at Divine Liturgy Sunday for all the intentions mentioned above, as well as lighting candles at our shrines of Christ the Teacher, The Theotokos, and St. Helen. I will light my candles here at home in front of my icon wall and beg the cloud of witnesses to pray to God for Elizabeth and the other ladies.

Dear Elizabeth, I will offer our rosaries for you this week, and offer up our day as a prayer for you on Tuesday. May God hold you especially close. Lucy x

Elizabeth, I wanted to add that my family went to Walsingham today and we remembered you in our Mass intentions, and we went to the shrine and asked Our Lady of Walsingham to pray for you. We left a prayer request and you will be remembered by the sisters in their prayers tomorrow also.

Continued prayers … for the surgery, the doctors and the quick recovery so you can continue to knit!
    Blessings and cyber-hugs ….

38. Ruth says

Dear Elizabeth, we will be offering up many prayers and sacrifices for you and your family. God bless you!

Dear Elizabeth,
    I have been praying for you and thinking about you every day. I prayed for you extra hard on Mother’s Day during Holy Mass. Please know my family will be thinking and praying for you today.
    God Bless you,
    Kirsten

40. Genevieve says

We are praying three Hail Marys for Elizabeth in our prayer routine. With love from Annie and Genevieve.

41. sue says

I happened onto this blog by chance (or not) a few weeks ago and read about Eliabeth’s surgery.
    Have been praying for you and your family every day!

Praying for Elizabeth here and thinking of her often. SO glad to hear that the reports are good and that the surgery is over with!!